Hotel Vall Fosca
In 1933, Dolors Saurat Canal, daughter of Hotel Saurat of Espot and Daniel Canut Navarri started in the “hospitality profession” by converting their manor house in the hostel Fonda Rebirat, located on the outskirts of the village of Espui, next to the road, whose motto was “healthy and cheap meals”.
In 1943, the company Energía Eléctrica de Catalunya (E.E.C.), after named FECSA, offered them for rent the Hotel they had in the town of Central de Capdella, and also the service of a butcher shop and a colonial store incorporated in the same building, and must always be open by contract, leading it Dolors Saurat Canal and one of his four sons, Daniel Canut Saurat.
The premature death of Dolors, in 1950, led the couple Daniel Canut Saurat and Maria Hereu Gallart to take over the Hotel E.E.C.
In 1952 Daniel Canut Saurat took charge of the Food and Cleaning of the FECSA Children’s Colony in the town of Molinos during the summer months.
In 1970 Daniel Canut Saurat and Maria Hereu Gallart, with their sons Miquel and Pere, inaugured the Hostal Vall Fosca in the town of Molinos, where the FECSA Children’s Colony was located. During these 50 years it has had several renovations being today a 3-star hotel. In 1990 Miquel Canut Hereu and Gloria Ripollès Cebrià took over the management of the hotel.
Throughout these three generations and the many collaborators who have helped them, their objective has been that “this profession of hospitality” is written in capital letters.